Business Development Manager
Purpose of the Role:
To generate new profitable revenue for the business by selling Smart City solutions to customers in local authorities, transport networks, campus/ estates, contractors, and system integrator segments.
- Build pipeline of new business opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and service,
- Research organisations and individuals to identify new leads and potential new markets,
- Respond to existing sales leads and qualify new leads and prospects to develop a pipeline of potential opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events,
- Identify key stakeholders in customer organisations and contact them to set up meetings,
- Establish rapport with customers, and build relationship as a trusted advisor,
- Use appropriate sales methodology to understand the customer’s situation, needs, economic impact, budget availability, influencers and decision makers, decision-making process, and timeline.
- Pitch the products and services
- Describe and demonstrate the Smart City solutions and benefits,
- Work with team to respond to all customer’s questions including features, performance, implementation, and commercial terms,
- Support the customer in developing their business case,
- Secure trials of the Smart City solution,
- Develop quotes, proposals and contracts, and participate in formal bid processes,
- Negotiate details and close the deal,
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure a smooth handover into delivery.
- Management reporting
- Set ambitious achievable sales targets, and report on progress towards meeting them;
- Maintain accurate sales forecast and pipeline data as input to business and operations planning;
- Maintain effective account plans to progress deals to closure;
- Provide reports on customer satisfaction, market intelligence and competitors;
- Follow all group process and bidding governance.
- You will have a strong sales track record, with a proven ability to hit targets and a consistent background of winning new business;
- You will be tenacious and target-driven with good attention to detail and the ability to handle pressure;
- You will be articulate, polished and professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong relationship builder;
- You will be an excellent listener with an inquiring approach and willingness to learn;
- You will be self-motivated and disciplined, with strong time-management and organisation abilities and the ability to meet deadlines.
- You will have experience of selling Smart City, IoT, or similar solutions involving monitoring and control of remote assets, data analytics, and optimisation of work management;
- You will have a good network of contacts within local authorities, transport networks, campus/ estates, contractors, and system integrators;
- You will be familiar with using effective sales methodologies;
- Strong IT fluency.
This vacancy is not open to recruitment agencies.