Hardware and Firmware Development Engineer
Reporting to the I&D Director
Location: Porto, Portugal
Purpose of the Role:
Creatively design and develop innovative IoT wireless devices for Smart City applications, Rail environment and similar areas, and their integration into cloud and mobile software management platforms.
- Will be responsible for designing, prototyping and re-engineering hardware, its firmware and some software solutions that sustain the company’s defined roadmap for the products and meet the specifications, creating highly secure wireless connect smart devices;
- Throughout the several phases of development projects, they will need to produce all related support documentation;
- They will also support the continuous improvement of the current products, the integration with 3rd party solutions and the correction of any findings on the deployed products;
- During product qualification and certification, they will need to produce laboratory samples and will re-design the product to meet the standards, case dependant;
- Support the laboratory activities for the testing and certification of the new Product
- During production setup and ramp-up, they will support production engineering regarding the production process definition;
- Develop simple mobile device apps (Android/iOS)
- Implementing XML Web Services and wireless communication networks using Cellular and Bluetooth modules;
- During product installation on the field, they will provide training and instructions regarding product handling to the field engineer.
- You will be an effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to produce product documentation;
- You will be able to work on your own or in a team;
- You will are experienced in electronics PCB design and layout, using software design tools like Eagle;
- You will are proficient in Bill of Materials (BoM) generation;
- You will have experience in software code development programmes (C, Python, XML) as well as experience in ARM processor microcontroller with devices from Microchip, Atmel, Nordic Semiconductor;
- You will be confident to contribute to the verification and validation process
This vacancy is not open to recruitment agencies.