Purpose of the Role:
To manage Smart City products and services throughout their lifecycle in order to address market opportunities and customer/user needs and generate the greatest possible value for the business. Act as owner/champion for products and services and take overall responsibility for their success.
- Analyse market and/or user research, feedback, expert opinion and usage data to understand needs and opportunities.
- Identify target markets for Smart City solutions, including local authorities, transport networks, campus/ estates, contractors, system integrators,
- Understand customers’ challenges, strategic plans, and initiatives,
- Collect, analyse and respond to user feedback,
- Research competitors and similar products and services,
- Manage the gathering and evaluation of ideas and requirements,
- Estimate size of addressable markets.
- Develop product and service proposition and determine product positioning and variants for different customer and user segments.
- Identify Smart City solutions that address the identified customers’ needs,
- Develop the feature specification, high-level solution architecture, data ownership, security and trust model for the products,
- Develop a model of customer’s business case,
- Develop company’s business case and pricing approach.
- Create and oversee the product development roadmap
- Manage and prioritise product requirements and own the product backlog,
- Determine to make/buy strategy for solution components, and identify suppliers for the “buy” components,
- Project manage the solution development,
- Ensure that all product approvals are obtained,
- Work with Operations on New Product Introduction to manufacture
- Coordinate trials and product launches and support communications and training.
- Develop product collateral and support marketing campaigns;
- Ensure sales and operations teams are trained in the product;
- Work with Sales and Operations teams to identify lead customer, oversee the lead customer deployment, and evaluate the product performance.
- Anticipate changes in customer/user needs; adapt products and create product retirement and transition plans.
- You will be an effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, and at all levels of the organisation;
- You will be a strong team player, supporting colleagues closely to achieve business goals
- You will have a proactive, naturally helpful personality, always willing to take ownership of problems and go the extra mile;
- You will be highly analytical and driven by objective data.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Product Management role, with proven skills in:
- Analysing market opportunities;
- Developing commercial propositions;
- Project managing product development;
- Launching new products and services;
- Sustaining existing product lines.
- Knowledge of Smart City, IoT, or similar markets involving monitoring and control of remote assets, data analytics, and optimisation of work management;
- A qualification in Information Systems, Data Science, or similar IT discipline would be preferred.
This vacancy is not open to recruitment agencies.