Field Service Engineer
Reporting to IT Group Manager
Purpose of the Role:
To provide technical support to new and existing customers for our products and solutions and provide support for our internal teams.
What you will do:
- Manage network design process with our network partner;
- Oversee deployment for access points/network equipment and manage network stock inventory;
- Arrange for equipment to be delivered to customer/stakeholder/contractor;
- Provide support and supervision to installer/contractors particularly during the initial stages of deployment;
- Provide on-site supervision ensuring that installation is as required and follow up training;
- Commissioning and fault finding of network equipment, non-lighting IOT sensors and devices;
- Investigate issues with network performance and faulty equipment and minimise equipment being incorrectly returned to us which has no fault found;
- Build and maintain a direct rapport with installers and their supervisors/project managers to ensure they feel supported and we have their ‘buy-in’ to our technology that they are deploying;
- Provide initial and ongoing refresher training to customers and installers;
- Hardware installation – Network equipment, Nodes, Sensors;
- Cover for 1st Line helpdesk and deal with any escalation of issues;
Who you are:
- you will be an effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation;
- you will be able to work on your own or in a team;
- you will become an expert in our CMS and mobile application;
- you will have a proactive, naturally helpful personality, always willing to go the extra mile;
- you will have a proven ability and mindset to quickly diagnose and resolve technical problems in a challenging environment;
- you will be willing and able to travel, sometimes at short notice, as required (est 50%);
- you will be proficient with all aspects of technical support including commissioning, repairs and service;
- knowledge of working with an AMS or CMS would be desirable;
- you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a field service role;
- a qualification in IT or computer networking would be advantageous.
- you will be fully conversant with all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and be confident implementing and complying with them and reporting any non-compliance.
This vacancy is not open to recruitment agencies.